Tuesday, December 11, 2012

No Bake Cookies (Revisited)

I've been away from the blogging world for a while. School and a major move consumed my time. But I haven't been away from learning about a world of new ingredients and foods to make life more palatable around here. So I'm back....

Coconut Oil! Yum, and good for you... just can't beat it. So in my fun one day (and lack of dairy products in my house at the time) I tried something and it just improved what was already really, REALLY, GOOD! So let's talk cookies...

Note: A friend asked for this recipe this past weekend saying that it was "Better than that expensive confection 'thing' they were selling at a local health food store that they always run out of because they only make so many each week." (This from my friend who is not a big sugar fan and knows so much more than me about lots of amazing ingredients. I was shocked to even know she liked my cookies! Hmmmm.....)  

"Gluten-free No Bake Cookies"
2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter (or g-f margarine) softened
¼ c. coconut oil
1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. g-f vanilla
2-3 c. g-f oatmeal  (I used the old fashioned kind)

"The Powdered Icing"
1/4 c. confectioners(powdered) sugar
1/4 c. coconut flour (optional... you can just use the powdered sugar)

1) In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
2) Add oats and mix well
3) Squish together about a tablespoon size into a ball, then roll the ball around in the "powdered icing" and place on wax paper.  [Makes about 40 balls]

*** I'm just warning you... go ahead and make a double batch... those little things pop into your mouth and disappear before you know it! 
Options:  You can add things to this recipe like coconut or peanut butter or some flavoring.  You can even roll them in nuts also if you like.

No pictures today dearies.... the cookies go as fast as we can roll them out around here and the camera woman wasn't fast enough. Another day. Hugs. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment